Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer Solstice 2009

The Summer Solstice celebrates the joy, warmth and laughter of summer; and to see the Creator in everyone you come in contact with and to recognize this divinity within ourselves. It is a time for purification, renewal of the self, a time to release the sadness, fears and pain from our lives, to enhance our external physical manifestations. i.e.; financial, health, joy, faith, love, happiness, friendships, family, blessings, fun, luck, fun, and abundance.

Creating or participating in a ritual will mark this special time of year and connect us with all cultures around the world for all time who honor this right of passage. A sense of being "One with ALL".

1/ Marking a symbol or picture (painting or carving) which would be illuminated by the sun's rays (sunrise or sunset). Ritual--place your photo or object in the sun with a prayer for a manifestation. Health-relationship-money.

2/ Another method involved the noting of shadows cast from or onto an upright pillar/obelisk. Create your own Sun dial with you sun sign on it.

3/ A third method is/was used by central Native American tribes. This requires a specially constructed ceremonial structure. On the longest day of the year the Sun at the exact time of noon directly shines through a hole in the ceiling and onto a particular location on the floor.

4/ Another method to mark the solstice was a time to give away, to gift another in recognition of our own abundance.
In astrology the Sun represents the giver of life, our conscious mind, our will to live, our creative life force, our overall vitality. The Sun directs us, and can be considered "the boss" of our chart.

Where is the boss in your chart this month?

Aries
The Summer Solstice on June 21 turning point that shift your attention inward. The New Moon battle between your thoughts and your feelings might be quite strong. June 21, great potential for spontaneity, creativity and romance. Nerves may be on edge as you try to incorporate your desires into your long-range plans. Self-restraint and common sense will prevail. Releasing Affirmation:I let go of the false images of the past which have held me enthralled. Meaningless ego is left behind me, and deep, personal authenticity is all that is here now. Prosperity Affirmation:I am fulfilled and secure, knowing that I am perfectly protected at all times. My good is here with me, now fully revealed.

Taurus
A period of ease and grace, but there may be some tests for you to pass before letting you climb aboard the gravy train. Self-doubt and delays before pleasure is served. Its purpose is to help you define your worth and be clear about what you expect from others. A demand for clarity in relationships and a need to alter the ways you connect with others if you are not being true to yourself. Releasing Affirmation: No longer am I held down by the opinions of others, no longer can outside authority determine my beliefs. Prosperity Affirmation: New vistas are open to me now, and I expand my world with courage and determination. More comes to me as I easily give more to my world.

Gemini
You may find yourself totally annoyed with the delays in your life. You are leaning over the edge of an exciting conceptual shift which brilliantly illuminates the best part of your dreams. Even if you're ready to jump, be aware of distractions when you should stay focused on long-term goals. Releasing Affirmation:Deeply held habit patterns, fixations and obsessions no longer have any hold over me. I am free. Prosperity Affirmation:I successfully provide for myself in every way. I have control over my own resources.

Cancer
The line between fighting and flirting is easily blurred. Seeking truth turns you on to guides, gurus and teachers who appear to have entertaining answers to life's biggest questions. Budding confidence, though, may be shaken tossing you out of your comfort zone in search of deeper rewards. Releasing Affirmation:I no longer base my life on who I can please. I release the need for approval, thus no longer giving up my power to others. Prosperity Affirmation:I accept the wholeness that is me, mind, body and spirit. I know that within me is the potential for anything I could ever need or want.

Leo
Help to fortify your resources and enhance your ability to make intelligent fiscal decisions. A sense of urgency as you consider everything you must yet accomplish before the moment passes. Your likelihood of achieving your goals is high, yet you may have underestimated the effort involved. Releasing Affirmation:False pride and overweening ego no longer exist to keep me from my good. Prosperity Affirmation:I am inspired to create in abundance and joy. Nothing can stop me!

Virgo
Spontaneity comes easily, but fast words and impulsive actions provoke unexpected responses. Experiments can produce amazing breakthroughs or blow up in your face, so be careful about where and how you take chances now. Moods shift in an instant and your inclination to compromise can disappear, creating conflict with authority figures, you find ways to find common ground. Releasing Affirmation:Letting go of the obsession for meaningless details, I open my eyes to the perfection of life. Prosperity Affirmation:I accept the bounty of existence, understanding that it is for me and entrusted to me.

Libra
Don't waste this magnetic month on transient pleasures, create something of enduring value. Memories of your childhood may remind you of what you're currently missing in your life, which can drive you to overstate your case and upset the balance of power in a close partnership. Don't spoil the magic with something that's not essential. Releasing Affirmation:No longer is the pain of discord part of my life. Harmony naturally follows in all that I do and say. Prosperity Affirmation:I am prospered through all of my connections in the world. I know that only good can come to me.

Scorpio
You feel energized physically, socially and creatively. Express your enthusiasm with self-restraint, it may provoke strong reactions. A gentle nudge is all you need to get someone's attention. Establishing trust is essential be mindful of well-hidden emotional buttons. If you're not ready to deal with delicate relationship matters, it's best to sidestep conflict for now. Releasing Affirmation:There no longer is a need for opposition anywhere in my psyche. I put all of that aside. Prosperity Affirmation: My expectations are fulfilled, my plans have succeeded. I am complete.

Sagittarius
You feel that work is in the way of play and feel burdened with complex tasks that stand between you and your desires. Yet their is a chance to make things real -- if you're willing to put in the required effort. If you're frustrated with your life, making a commitment to self-improvement is bound to give you more control over the shape of your future. Releasing Affirmation:I release any attachment to false ego and repressed feelings. My heart is open and welcoming. Prosperity Affirmation:I now connect with the abundance that has always been right where I am.

Capricorn
You're intent on personal enjoyment is in conflict with self-discipline. Thankfully, this gives you an unflappable sense of determination during an otherwise stressful month, which puts your emotions in direct conflict with someone else's. Avoid getting swept up in the urgency of the moment. Focusing on your long-term goals keeps you even-keeled during this dynamic time. Releasing Affirmation:Behavior patterns which no longer serve me and that actually are holding me back are released from my life. I connect with reality as it is. Prosperity Affirmation:As I open myself to a clear perception of life in present time, the prosperity I have missed now rushes in to me.

Aquarius
This can be an explosive time of stress and leaves you averse to following the rules. In fact, your need to do things your way may overrule caution and spur conflict with anyone who tries to control your actions. If you can stay cool, sparks of intuition reveal new methods that are surprising in their efficiency. Your urge for freedom and innovation is ideal for leading a revolution or break social patterns and seek fresh forms of pleasure. Relationships -both personal and professional - can be shaken by recklessness, so be careful unless you want something to break. Releasing Affirmation:Previously hidden fears and over-cautiousness now rise up and disappear forever. These unseen enemies no longer haunt my life. Prosperity Affirmation: My joy in service and creative functioning brings me the opportunities I have desired. My choices are infinite.

Pisces
You may be overly protective of someone you love increasing your empathy, making it difficult to distinguish your feelings from those of the people around you. Your defensive tactics may fend off an emotional attack before it actually occurs. You gain additional strength giving you the ability to firmly stand up to someone else's power play. Secure a safe haven for yourself and your family. Remember, you needn't be swept up in any drama that isn't yours. Releasing Affirmation:The old and tired visions that no longer serve me are allowed to leave my consciousness now. Prosperity Affirmation: I see my world and my inner worlds in a whole new light. Creativity and joy are mine to express abundantly.

May this Solstice be a blessing your life.

Nameste~ Charlene

No comments:

Post a Comment